Sex Toy Materials
embracedesires.com carries many of the finest pleasure items available on the market. There are some concerns when it comes to introducing objects into our bodies. That is why we take care to offer what we consider high end adult pleasure products that will not compromise your health. Most of our inventory consists of products that are free from harmful chemicals and additives. Sometimes you may come across some of the terms used below when one of our manufacturers claim that they are free from this chemical or that additive. We want our customers to be informed on what they are, and especially what care was taken on what they are NOT inserting or ingesting into their bodies. TPR Thermoplastic Rubber or thermoplastic elastomers or TPE (thermoplastic elastomers) are a class of copolymers or a physical mix of polymers Usually used in products meant for bodily insertion such as sex toys because it makes the toy more flexible. Use a condom with toys made with TPR since it is a porous material and can harbor bacteria. TPR is hypoallergenic, nontoxic and phthalate free. Cleaning Recommendations Adult toys made of TPR should be cleaned with mild soap & water or antibacterial sex toy cleaners. This material cannot be sterilized by boiling, therefore we recommend the use of a condom when sharing sex toys made of TPR. BPA Free Bisphenol A (BPA) is an organic compound used to make plastics. BPA exhibits hormone-like properties that raise concern about its suitability in consumer products. Phthalates or phthalate esters, are esters of phthalic acid and are mainly used to make plastic more flexible, transparent, durable, and increase its longevity. They are used primarily to soften polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Phthalates are being phased out of many products in the United States, Canada, and European Union over health concerns. Phthalate exposure has been linked to obesity, cancers, low sperm count, and other reproductive system effects. Silicone Silicone toys are non-porous and usually high quality, durable and shareable - but often more expensive. We would rather you invest in a high quality pleasure item, than settle for a less expensive one and risk transmitting bacteria. Like the old saying goes, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" Silicone's sex toys' ability to reach and maintain body temperature makes them more attractive when opting for a realistic and comfortable sexual experience. Silicone is the preferred material of many pleasure enthusiasts. By law, a sex toy needs to contain only 10% silicone in order to be labeled as a silicone sex toy. The other 90% of the sex toy can be made of less expensive materials that could potentially contain toxins, such as phthalates. We take pride in carrying quality items, often medical grade silicone products, in our variety of pleasure enhancing products. If you are considering purchasing a silicone sex toy, we recommend checking with the manufacturer or discreetly purchasing from embracedesires.com. We are committed to offering you nontoxic, body friendly intimate pleasure products. We feature manufacturers such as Little Su, Tantus, Fun Factory and Vibratex to name a few, all who offer high quality, 100% silicone sex toys and adult pleasure items. Cleaning Recommendations Silicone is one of the easiest materials to clean due to it's nonporous, smooth surface. We recommend antibacterial soap or an antibacterial sex toy cleaner
- 100% Silicone is phthalate free.
- 100% Silicone is hygienic - no open pores to harbor bacteria.
- 100% Silicone is hypoallergenic - does not react to the human body;